Saturday, January 06, 2007

the cutest conversation


We were in NYC for a few days visiting Ibraheem and Imraan's cousin, Emaan who is 5 years old. They had a great time together; bonded well. At one point, I overheard the cutest conversation, absolutely bloggable.

The backdrop of this conversation is Canal Street, after stopping at a kiosk and watching someone smoke.

"Topic: Things that Muslims don't eat during Ramadan"
E: We don't eat pork, and smoking is very bad.
I: What is smoking? Yeah smoking is yucky. its like dirt.
I: And we don't eat gelatin and carmine, we don't eat that either. And pig too.
E: That is pork.
I: So the things we don't eat during ramadan is carmine and gelatin, smoking and pork.
E: Yeah

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOLLLLL!!!!
I had a similar conversation at a brunch with a friend. I kept saying pork and she kept correcting me with ham...