Friday, September 28, 2007

School Days

Time to catch up on what we've been up to so I don't forget our routine!!

It's been one month of school and we are definitely in full swing. Ibraheem and Imraan both attend the River Forest Community Center in the morning 3 days a week. On those three days, Ibraheem attends the Academy of Music and Movement for their afternoon ARTS program. He is really enjoying the different dynamics of his day. He has to wear ballet shoes for the Academy, but since he has 'creative movement' class, we call them movement shoes! Today I attended his birthday celebration at the Academy and was touched with the program. I supplied him with a dozen photos from birth to his current age, and he created a timeline. He and his teacher walked around the class, which was sitting in a circle, and marked each year by one trip around the circle, with Ibraheem holding up the respective page of the timeline. I am really enjoying the different approach to learning and find him really taking off academically. I pulled him out of Tuesday/Thursday so I can focus on his reading, and so far... he finished off two rows of his reading chart!! If anyone comes across books with big print, please let me know! We are motivated to finish the whole chart soon!

Imraan has adjusted very well to his pre-school class. He adores his teachers, Ms Jodie and Ms Debbie, and has learned some really cute songs. Each time I pick him up, he proudly tells me, mama I did not cry!! I love that they are across the hall from each other, which makes Imraan feel so protected.



No comments: